Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My trip to VA beaches!

In Virginia I went to my AF tech school there. I loved Virginia the weather the shops having Starbucks on every exit! My favorite part of Virginia however, was VA Beach. For Thanksgiving break my mom came down to visit me and we took a road trip around VA and VA beach was out favorite. It is absolutely gorgeous here is the view from the hotel I stayed at. 



We were only suppose to stay here for one night and go to Richmond the next but with this gorgeous view for only $60 a night we had to stay one more night. The hotel was called Ocean Front inn here's the website http://oceanfrontinn.com/ We did go in the off season however, to get this amazing price. So it wasn't warm enough to swimming but that didn't stop some surfers in wet suits that I saw in the morning trying to catch a wave.
The day before we got to the hotel we took a long road trip on Highway 13 which is an above and underwater highway across the Atlantic and along the Chesapeake bay. We only made it up to Cape Charles which was beautiful. It reminds me of a place where some Nicholas Sparks movie was filmed. Here is a few pictures of the beautiful beach at Cape Charles.

The sand was so soft and squishy I made quite and impression in the sand with my crutches at the time. It would have been better to not be on crutches on this beautiful trip but I still enjoyed myself there. 
Also on this trip on the way back from Cape Charles we went to a little restaurant off the highway the only one. As we sat and ate there was a breath taking view of the ocean and a dock out to the sea with people fishing off of it. As I crutched out to the dock to go out the middle of the sea. I looked down and saw crushing waves beneath me and had a horrible fear that my crutch would somehow break the wooden dock and I would fall to my death, so I crutched myself of that dock as fast as I could. Here is a picture of as far out as I could go on the dock of the highway. Also a pic of me and my mom and the restaurant we ate at.


Also while we were in VA Beach we went to Abbey Road, a Beatles restaurant maybe you heard of it if your a Beatles fan. We went on Thanksgiving so I had turkey and stuffing go figure. Here is some pictures from the restaurant.



I loved VA Beach so much I can't wait to go back someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment